Club Safeguarding and Welfare
Safeguarding and Welfare Policy
See the following link for the clubs latest safeguarding statement.
LSAC has a dedicated Welfare Officer, currently this is: Ruth Adams.
You can contact the welfare officer in confidence should you have any questions about safeguarding or any other welfare issues.
The welfare officer is elected to the committee at each Annual General Meeting and is responsible for:
- Being the primary contact, maintaining confidential records and ensuring suitable action is taken for any reported welfare cases
- Liaising with BSAC HQ on the protection of children and vulnerable adults
- Implementing and promoting the clubs policy and procedures, including general communication with members to encourage good practice
- Keeping abreast of developments and understanding the latest information on data protection, confidentiality and other legal issues that impact on the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS)
All of the LSAC instructors undergo a DBS (formerly known as the Criminal Records Bureau / CRB) check every 3 years confirming no previous history that would prevent them from working with children or vulnerable adults.
BSAC Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Both LSAC and BSAC take the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults very seriously.
BSAC worked alongside the following leading organisations to produce their Buddy Guard scheme:
- The Amateur Swimming Association (ASA)
- The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
- The Child Protection in Sport Unit (CSPU)
- The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Diving and Dive Trips
Sat 28 - Sun 29 March 2020
Menai Strait Run (RIB)
Sat 23 - Tue 26 May 2020
Falmouth, Cornwall (RIB)
Sat 06 - Sun 07 June 2020
Swanage (Hard Boat)
Sat 11 - Sun 12 July 2020
Poole/Portsmouth/Weymouth (TBC) (Hard Boat)
Sat 22 August 2020
Blue Shark Experience
Falmouth, Cornwall (Hard Boat)
Sat 28 - Mon 31 August 2020
Skomer Marine Reserve (Hard Boat)
Fri 04 - Sun 06 September 2020
Events and Socials
Sat 01 Feb 2020
Annual Dinner, The Greyhound, Lutterworth